Friday 13 September 2013

The Art of Chewing Gum

I recently took a class trip to the South Australian Art Gallery. As I looked down over the railing from the third floor I was suddenly taken over by a fear. The fear was was that my chewing gum would somehow leave my mouth and fall onto the ground two floors below (is there a scientific name for this phobia?). As this irrational fear consumed my mind, I was instantly filled with questions. Would my classmates notice? Would it land on some unsuspecting person passing below? Would I run down to retrieve it immediately? Or wait until after my classmates had gone? Would I drop something else so I had an excuse to go down? What if that something else landed in a totally different area as the gum? Would I nervously look around embarrassed seeing if anyone saw and pretend it didn't actually happen? Needless to say, I kept my mouth shut.

No comments:

Post a Comment